Red Spice BBQ Marinade - 180g 🌶🌶
CLASSIC TANDOORI TIKKA
The quintessential North Indian combination of spices used to cook tandoori chicken and chicken tikka. This tandoori paste can also be used with lamb, paneer, mushrooms & cauliflower.
All natural | Clean and no nasties | No artificial colour, flavour or preservative
Inspiration from an Indian kitchen Chicken Tikka Skewers
1. Dice 500g chicken.
Add 1tbsp Classic Tikka Tandoori Paste, 1tbsp chickpea flour, 1tbsp yoghurt, 20ml oil and salt.
Mix to coat. Marinate overnight.
Thread chicken on skewers and cook on BBQ or in preheated oven at 200°C .
Serve on a bed of rice with raita or use it to make Butter Chicken curry.
To spice up, add extra ginger, garlic and chilli at Step 2.
Red Spice Butterfly chicken
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 2-3 tbsp. Tamarind Tree Red Spice Marinade
- 1kg whole chicken
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200˚c
- In a bowl add 2-3 tbsp. of Tamarind Tree Red Spice Marinade, oil and season with salt. Add yogurt and mix together.
- Butterfly a whole chicken by cutting along the backbone. Flatten the chicken.
- With a sharp knife, score gashes into the breasts and legs.
- Marinate the chicken in the spice mix over night if time permits or 20-30 minutes if time is limited.
- Place on a tray and roast in a preheated oven at 200˚c
- Roast chicken until flesh is meat and cooked.
- Sprinkle with coriander, Lemon juice and seasoning.
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice, naan or roti cucumber raita and poppadum’s.
Serving per packet: 9
Serving size: 20g
|Per serving||Per 100g|
Red Capsicum, Tomato Paste, Olive Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Onion, Red Chilli, Cider Vinegar, Tamarind, Salt, Herbs & Spices
Refrigerate after opening
• 1kg Food service tubs available, tap here to find out more.