Butter Chicken Makhan Walla Curry Paste - Mild
A twice cooked chicken dish originating in Delhi, developed to use leftover Tandoori chicken. Our version of this mildly spiced tomato sauce is perfect to use with any protein.
All natural | Clean and no nasties | No artificial colour, flavour or preservative
Inspiration from an Indian kitchen (Serves 4-6)
Sauté 1kg of chicken or veggies in a little oil.
Add 1 jar of Butter Chicken curry paste and 1 jar of water.
Stir - Boil - Simmer - Cook.
Add 1 tbsp ground cashews or almonds (optional).
Finish with fresh cream, coconut milk or yoghurt.
To spice up, add extra ginger, garlic and chilli at Step 1.
Chicken Makhan walla
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Makhan Walla
- 1.2kg Diced chicken
- 300g Diced vegetables of your choice
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 260ml Warm water
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cashews (optional)
- 25ml Fresh Cream (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chicken, brown on all sides. (5 minutes)
- Add Tamarind Tree Makhan walla sauce, sauté for 2 minutes.Add 260ml water and bring to the boil then reduce to simmer. Season with salt.
- Add your choice of diced vegetables and cover with a lid, simmer until chicken and vegetables are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Add ground cashews and cream if desired.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice, naan or roti cucumber raita and poppadum’s.
Serving per packet: 6
Serving size: 43g
|Per serving||Per 100g|
Tomato, Onion, Olive Oil, Turmeric, Coconut Sugar, Tamarind, Fenugreek, Herbs & Spices, Salt
Refrigerate after opening and use within 4 weeks.
• 1kg Food service tubs available, tap here to find out more.