Indian Railway Rogan Josh - 260g 🌶🌶🌶
Bronze Medal 2017: Savoury Sauces and Pastes.
A robust Kashmiri curry made famous on the Indian railways, combines spices and poppy seeds, ideal for a hearty lamb curry.
• 1kg Food service tubs available, tap here to find out more.
Lamb Rogan Josh
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Indian Railway Rogan Josh
- 1.2kg Lamb shoulder, diced
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to tste
- 1 Large Grilled eggplant, diced
- 50-100gm Greek yogurt whisked with a tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add diced lamb shoulder and brown on all sides.
- Add 260gm Tamarind Tree Indian Railway Rogan Josh and 260ml water. Season to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cover with a lid. Simmer until the lamb is soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Add grilled eggplant.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, serve with rice and naan or roti, raita and poppadum’s
Tip: Season diced eggplant with salt, a tbsp. of Rogan Josh and a tbsp. of oil. Mix well and place on a baking tray and lightly cook under the grill.
Serving per packet: 6
Serving size: 43g
|Per serving||Per 100g|
|Servings per pack||6|
Water, Tomato, Onion, Olive oil, Ginger, Garlic, Chilli, Salt, Turmeric, Herbs and Spices