Doe Piazza Dopyaza Curry Paste - Medium
A hearty, onion based curry with ginger and mint.
Doe Piazza (Dopyaza). Meaning two onions. An accidental staple of Hyderabadi Muglai cuisine created by the palace cook who, forgetting if he’d added enough onions to a dish, added extra onions just in case, much to the delight of the Maharaja. The fried and broiled onions are offset with ginger, tomato and fresh mint.
All natural | Clean and no nasties | No artificial colour, flavour or preservative
Inspiration from an Indian kitchen (Serves 4-6)
Sauté 1kg of your choice of protein or veggies in a little oil.
Add 1 jar of Doe Piazza curry paste and 1 jar of water.
Stir - Boil - Simmer - Cook.
Finish with coconut milk, cream or yoghurt.
To spice up, add extra ginger, garlic and chilli at Step 1.
Tofu & green peas saag
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Doe Piazza
- 500 grams Firm Tofu cubes
- 1 jar blanched & puree spinach
- 1 cup Green Peas
- Ginger julienne for garnish
- Coriander sprigs to garnish
- 20 ml oil
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Heat a heavy based saucepan and add 20ml oil
- Add tofu and sauté to lightly brown
- Add green peas, tamarind Tree Doe Piazza, add 260 ml (1 jar) water Mix well and bring to boil
- Season to taste with salt, add spinach puree and a pinch of nutmeg
- Garnish with ginger julienne and fresh coriander sprigs
Serving per packet: 6
Serving size: 43g
|Per serving||Per 100g|
Onion, Tomato, Olive Oil, Turmeric, Tamarind, Mint, Ginger, Garlic, Salt, Herbs & Spices
Refrigerate after opening and use within 4 weeks.
• 1kg Food service tubs available, tap here to find out more.