Rogan Josh Indian Railway Curry Paste - Hot
All natural | Clean and no nasties | No artificial colour, flavour or preservative
A classic dish from the Himalayan state of Jammu & Kashmir, made famous on the Indian Railway. This curry has a Persian influence, introduced by Moghul invaders.
Inspiration from an Indian Kitchen (Serves 4-6)
Sauté 1kg of your choice of protein or veggies in a little oil.
Add 1 jar of Rogan Josh curry paste and 1 jar of water.
Stir - Boil - Simmer - Cook.
Finish with yoghurt (optional).
To spice up, add extra ginger, garlic and chilli at Step 1.
Lamb Rogan Josh
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Indian Railway Rogan Josh
- 1.2kg Lamb shoulder, diced
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to tste
- 1 Large Grilled eggplant, diced
- 50-100gm Greek yogurt whisked with a tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add diced lamb shoulder and brown on all sides.
- Add 260gm Tamarind Tree Indian Railway Rogan Josh and 260ml water. Season to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cover with a lid. Simmer until the lamb is soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Add grilled eggplant.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, serve with rice and naan or roti, raita and poppadum’s
Tip: Season diced eggplant with salt, a tbsp. of Rogan Josh and a tbsp. of oil. Mix well and place on a baking tray and lightly cook under the grill.
Serving per packet: 6
Serving size: 43g
|Per serving||Per 100g|
|Servings per pack||6|
Tomato, Onion, Olive Oil, Ginger, Garlic, Cumin, Chilli, Turmeric, Tamarind, Salt, Herbs & Spices
Refrigerate after opening and use within 4 weeks.
• 1kg Food service tubs available, tap here to find out more.