Makhan Walla (Butter Chicken) - 260g 🌶
Silver Medal 2017: Savoury Sauces and Pastes.
This sauce is as smooth as butter and its texture is the reason for its name – ‘makhan’ is the Hindi word for butter. The sauce is used to make the famous dish ‘BUTTER CHICKEN’ flavoured with roasted fenugreek leaves and sweet tomato sauce. It is best finished with ground cashews and cream. This sauce is also ideally suited to creating rich, creamy vegetarian dishes with a mix of steamed or sautéed vegetables, tofu or mushroom. It can be the secret inspiration to your own special curry.
Chicken Makhan walla
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Makhan Walla
- 1.2kg Diced chicken
- 300g Diced vegetables of your choice
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 260ml Warm water
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cashews (optional)
- 25ml Fresh Cream (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chicken, brown on all sides. (5 minutes)
- Add Tamarind Tree Makhan walla sauce, sauté for 2 minutes.Add 260ml water and bring to the boil then reduce to simmer. Season with salt.
- Add your choice of diced vegetables and cover with a lid, simmer until chicken and vegetables are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Add ground cashews and cream if desired.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice, naan or roti cucumber raita and poppadum’s.
Serving per packet: 6
Serving size: 43g
|Per serving||Per 100g|
Tomato, Onion, Water, Brown Sugar, Canola Oil, Coconut cream, Chilli, Salt, Herbs and Spices