Vindaloo - 260g 🌶🌶🌶
Silver Medal 2017: Savoury Sauces and Pastes.
Traditionally a pork dish prepared for Sunday meals weddings and celebrations, this sauce is the basis for the famous authentic East Indian Vindaloo. A hearty and spicy curry sauce made with traditional spices to the family recipe using balsamic vinegar. Whether you serve it with pork, chicken, lamb, prawns and potatoes, you will not find a tastier dish than this sauce creates.
Pork and Potato Vindaloo
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Vindaloo gourmet sauce
- 1.2kgs Pork Shoulder, diced
- 3 Medium potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 260ml warm water
- I inch piece of ginger and 4 cloves or garlic crushed in a mortar and pestle.
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- In a large saucepan add oil, diced pork, ginger and garlic mix, Tamarind Tree Vindaloo paste and balsamic vinegar. Mix and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the pan on the stove and sauté for 5 minutes. Add warm water and bring to boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer until the meat is half cooked (20-25 minutes)
- Add diced potato and continue to simmer until the meat and potato are fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, basmati rice, naan, roti and papadoms
Servings per packet: 6
Serving size: 43g
|Per serving||Per 100g|