Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Mumbai Masala Curry Paste
- 600-800gms 16-20 Prawns
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Salt too taste
- 300-400ml Coconut milk
- 50-100ml Water
- ½ tsp. Mustard seeds
- 6-8 Curry Leaves
- Fresh Coriander to garnish
- Heat a large saucepan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves to crackle and release aromas.
- Add jar of Tamarind Tree Mumbai Masala Curry Paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on a low flame.
- Add coconut milk and 50ml of water to get the desired consistency. Bring to a robust boil.
- Add prawns and simmer for 10 minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice.
PRAWN CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK
Great family dinner using Aussie prawns. Quick & easy recipe. Thanks John - keep the recipes coming, it helps when not familiar with the dishes.
FULL OF FLAVOURI Substituted Prawns with chicken. The mustard seeds and curry leaves with the nutty roasted coconut just made dinner scrumptious.