Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- One jar of Tamarind Tree Vindaloo gourmet sauce
- 1.2kgs Pork Shoulder, diced
- 3 Medium potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 260ml warm water
- I inch piece of ginger and 4 cloves or garlic crushed in a mortar and pestle.
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- In a large saucepan add oil, diced pork, ginger and garlic mix, Tamarind Tree Vindaloo paste and balsamic vinegar. Mix and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the pan on the stove and sauté for 5 minutes. Add warm water and bring to boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer until the meat is half cooked (20-25 minutes)
- Add diced potato and continue to simmer until the meat and potato are fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, basmati rice, naan, roti and papadoms
DELICIOUS, WILL BE BUYING AGAIN!
The vindaloo sauce is delicious! Followed the Pork Vindaloo recipe and paired with the Tamarind Tree Mango Chutney, which was a perfect match! Added the recommended tomato paste to lessen the spice which worked well. Would buy again, and looking forward to trying some other sauces!